Red Devils :: British Airborne
Community Update No.8 - Printable Version

+- Red Devils :: British Airborne (http://reddevilsarma.org)
+-- Forum: Public Area (http://reddevilsarma.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (http://reddevilsarma.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Community Update No.8 (/showthread.php?tid=766)

Community Update No.8 - B. Horner - 08-23-2019

[Image: Ip7qcKS.png]

Community Update No.8

23AUG19 2056 hrs UTC+1

This community update comes after a period of downtime within the group- with generally some more 'casual' missions and some more training than usual. We've also had many people leave and many people join the group; I'm glad we've not had anyone voluntarily leave on bad terms and many people who have left can be traced down to work commitments or is just due to the summer holidays, which was anticipated by the staff team. We've recently had lots of new personnel join us and we look forward to integrating them directly into the group. Although we should all ponder the life question: who really knows if they have passed module III or not? I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to get the answer.

We have recently just opened up a reserve section within the group - as part of the Company Assets. This has very limited space and is not a norm we will be falling into. Reserves will be for people who have been members for a good time and have displayed active engagement with continued effort being put into the group, but who have then had to step away from Arma 3 for whatever reason. Transfer into reserves is by full OC discretion.

No.4 Platoon, No.2 Section will be opening again soon and we are excited to see this Section grow back into what it should be. New Privates joining into No.4 Platoon will likely be placed into here.

We are changing our format for Module III slightly. We are going to put more pressure on recruits to finish their planning within 30 minutes - either make a plan or don't have a plan at all. We're also limiting the event to two objectives only - this change should allow a more in-depth plan rather than a broader plan. This change will begin in Class No.17.

Platoon and Company trainings in the near future will focus on FISH (Fighting in someone's house) and later Navigation. We have found these to be the two weakest areas within the last recruit group and will work on these to ensure our standards are raised. After the ceremony tomorrow I will be conducting a JNCO course with all of our new half and full screws around.

In the theme of trainings, I will be making a 'British Lingo' manual which will detail a lot of British terminologies and even some phrases to keep people in the mood and away from wholey American sayings. With a lot of people coming in who are so familiar with US doctrine, it is important that you give this a read. Do you have any sayings you think should be added- let me know!

We are continuing our search into the Sherman bug we are experiencing as other groups have not reported any issues or crashes. We expect a mod we use is causing a conflict.

As always please check the Enlisted Careers Category on the forums ( http://reddevilsarma.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=67 ) to have a look at different roles within the group. The ORBAT can also be used for browsing. If you would like any role please apply as we are especially in need of NCOs. If any of you would like to get on the mission creation side of things please do apply as this would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I cannot update you all much on the coming events as many are still in their planning stages and require further confirmation until I will get anyone's hopes up.

Do you have any questions, queries, concerns, ideas, observations, or criticisms for the group? Let us know either on the Forums (Questionnaires and Polls) or Discord (#member-ideas) - you can always PM your Section Commander too, but it's good to put ideas out into our community base so others can have their input too.