Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Community Update

[Image: Ip7qcKS.png]

190128 Community Update
1900 hrs

In an ongoing effort from myself and the senior staff team, we wish to ensure that we communicate with the group as a whole so everyone is informed of the current situation and the plans henceforth.

Medic roles have become open and multiple applications have already been received. I will be looking at these applications soon and will be processing them whether the applicant is a full-member or a recruit. Nearly all of those who apply and are successful will undergo advanced medical training, however, not all will be placed within a medical role. The medical course will allow for a patch on your battledress and will allow us to have reserve medics, should the situation and need arise. Having more people medically qualified will mean the introduction of medical assistants as a role within the section (albeit not fixed- like the marksman role). More information to come on this role in the future.

Weapon qualifications will also be undergoing a change; the Anti-Tank qualification will soon be available for all to apply for. The course will consist of learning about the PIAT and the Boys AT rifle and then you will have time to practise with both weapons. After completion of the course to an appropriate standard you will be able to have the AT badge on your battledress. Completing the course will also allow for you to take a PIAT within a session; however, this will only be the case when the role has been filtered and delegated down from the Platoon HQ. It will be imperative for those in No.2 Troop to partake in this course if they wish to play the role of vehicular reconnaissance in a jeep.

The marksman role, once a course has been constructed for it, will be available for people to partake in. The course will be required to use the Enfield (T) within a mission (anyone can use it within a training). You will be able to fail the course. A pass with a certain score (to be decided upon still) will award the member with an additional badge - the sharpshooter badge. Again, more information to following.

Due to more recruits joining we have had to open 3 Section temporarily - this is just so we have a space to show these members. We will soon™ be holding a module III so recruits can become glorious privates. Once this occurs we will move them into their desired roles and the ORBAT should look cleaner and less cluttered with those purple tabs! If you are a recruit who has not completed both module I and module II I urge that you contact Sgt. N. Barden to organise a time you can do this so that you don't miss out on this recruit cycle - it could be a long time until the next module III comes around. However, be aware that being a recruit will not limit what you can do within the unit, apart from changing your role. 

As always I urge everyone to apply for any position they would like and pass any comments through the chain of command - I like to hear your ideas! Lots of good things coming within the next few months so please do enjoy yourselves.

Thank you all for making Red Devils what it is and what it shall further grow to be,
Maj. B. Horner
Former Company Commander
B Company, 2nd Battalion