Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: How did you find using A2 animations today?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good
34.62%
9 34.62%
Indifferent
34.62%
9 34.62%
Bad
30.77%
8 30.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Arma 2 Animations

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2020, 03:13 AM by B. Horner.)

This is a quick poll so people can give feedback on the A2 animations that were used in today's training. Positives and negatives are welcomed in replies if you would like to give more detail.

Update: the animations will be near impossible to mix and therefore we will have to come to the conclusion of the full package or not at all.
Maj. B. Horner
Former Company Commander
B Company, 2nd Battalion

I appreciate these animations so much. Movement looks so much more like how soldiers carried their weapons about themselves in WW2 than the Arma 3 ones. They also allow some animations to change the speed of the character to be a little bit faster, which in WW2 soldiers being slightly lighter and fitter makes me feel like I'm moving properly with purpose.

My only bad point is that the animations are sometimes a little janky due to the older animations having less frames in the animations so they can look slightly delayed compared to the cleaner Arma 3 ones, but I think this is negligent to the advantages that it gives as ultimately it does LOOK better overall even with the slight jankiness.

Lt. N. Barden
Platoon Commander
No.4 Platoon, B Company

Some of the animations are eye sores: running with a pistol and running without a weapon
Sgt. D. Thire
Platoon Sergeant
No.4 Platoon, B Coy

Same as above, some janky ones, some good ones.