Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Will you be attending Barker's Gamble on Saturday 22MAY21?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
86.44%
51 86.44%
No - Post Reply/PM
13.56%
8 13.56%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

22MAY21 - Barker's Gamble

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 05:06 PM by T. Barker.)

22MAY21 - Barker's Gamble
Saturday - 1900 hrs UTC+1

The modpack for this event is the Red Devils v20a modpack.

Information

Ahistorical (but plausible?) mission in 1944/45 Western Europe.

Germans forces are strategically on the backfoot, after a series of defeats in the winter of '44/45. Tactically the British Army is merely containing them in a near-pocket, but the German forces remain well supplied and dug-in. A frontline has formed stretching for many kilometers and in order to avoid bloody trench warfare, the High Command is seeking an answer to the stalemate. As a response, a paratrooper officer has devised a plan to exploit a weak spot in the line by using a combination of paratroopers dropped at night moments before an predicted winter storm is about to drop on the region. If the gamble pays off, the German garrison will be caught unaware and the remainder of the British Army will be able to exploit the gap and punch through. If the gamble fails, many of Lieutenant Barker's comrades may end up in German POW camps or dead.

Orders
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-lXd...9jWGsz2t0/

Each element will have a specific role to play and there are multiple branching possible actions depending on the success or failure of their critical tasks. As always, members are encouraged to play smartly, avoid suicide charges and rambo efforts and work as a team.

Recruits with Module III and attached to No.5 Platoon will be jumping. Recruits lacking Module III will be part of ground element under No.4 Platoon.

Please respond to the poll to indicate your attendance. Any comments regarding you attendance can be left as a reply or as a PM to your Section Commander.

If the poll is closed before you respond, reply to this thread with your indicated attendance.
Sgt. D. Thire
Platoon Sergeant
No.4 Platoon, B Coy

I am working till 21:00

Maybe, currently moving unsure if I’ll internet or if I’ll even be finished unpacking.

Busy with school won't be able to attend.

(Former, currently Pte.) Cpl. M. Malimete.
Nursing Orderly (previous) NCO.
16th (Parachute) Field Ambulance.

Orders link added and updated.
Capt. T. Barker
Troop Commander
D Troop (Recce)

Going on a holliday this weekend so can't be there.
Cpl. S. Jansen
Section 2IC
No.5 Platoon, No. 6 Section

Forgot to vote but will be attending

no i dont have time

wont be coming because of family