Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

D-Day Commemorative Event

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2018, 01:13 PM by R. Steel.)

To: All company personnel and valued guests

[Image: dday74-shield.png]

As many of you may (and should) know, it is just under one month until the 74th anniversary of D-Day and the overall invasion of Normandy on the 6th of June.

Preparations are well under way for a commemorative event (or events, plural, pending a meeting to be held soon) to be held close to this date (likely to be after the 6th due to exams) and we are looking to you to provide the finishing touches.

What I ask of you is to provide me with any suggestions for anything whether they are strategic level ideas all the way to small details inside rooms of buildings for us to consider for this event(s).

Please either contact me directly or leave a reply here with any ideas you may have. 

You can expect a full warning order in the coming weeks.

Although the 1st Airborne Division wasn't officially involved in the invasion of Normandy due to their Operation Market Garden commitments, all efforts will be taken to ensure that the involvement we portray makes sense historically although some slight adaptations may need to be made.

Image source: http://www.dday73.events/images/dday74-shield.png

Corporal Steel
Section Commander, 2 Section, No.4 Platoon, B Company

Are you planning a lone event or indulging with other units to comemerate this event ?

There is a definite possibility of this being a joint event/series of events.
Maj. B. Horner
Former Company Commander
B Company, 2nd Battalion

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2018, 01:27 PM by N. Barden.)

I would like other units to partake however it is a big ask and is entirely up to them for commitment and adjusting mission to accommodate for that level of play has to be acknowledged.

I can't wait for this Smile

I would ideally like to have the event run with some other communities to get that authentic experience of meeting people in the field with whom you haven't worked before and adding to that fog of war element. Also having higher numbers would be nice.

Obviously I say authentic in the most respectful way possible. We couldn't possibly imagine or even attempt to recreate what the actual people went through on that day on our computers and it's definitely important that we remember that when preparing for this event and playing it.

Do you have contacts with any German units ? otr can we post a thread up on steam regarding this event and asking for units who wish to partake. ?

Due to the nature of the first and main event, it will be done against AI. However, arranging a PVP event maybe as a second event could be good. We have contact with a number of German based communities and will make some enquiries.

I think a mini campaign would be good for this event perhaps a two stage of the para drop/beach landings and then the link up and breakout for the different elements respectively.
Regards,
Sgt. C. Carrick
Troop Sergeant, D Troop