Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Will you be attending PRE-DEPLOYMENT TRAINING on SATURDAY 17NOV18?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.12%
16 94.12%
No
5.88%
1 5.88%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

17NOV18 - Pre-Deployment Training (COOP)

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 06:08 AM by N. Barden.)

17NOV18 - Pre-Deployment Training
Saturday 17/10/18 - 1900 hrs UK/GMT+0

This thread is incomplete until this sentence has been removed.

Any changes to this thread past the official release will be shown in red and stated here:
  • Organisation List has been added. 06NOV18 1800 hrs
This thread is posted in "Other Engagements" and not "Training" in order for other communities to be able to see the thread.

It is important that you read this thread in its entirety in order to understand all aspects of this event.

This event will be using the v10 modpack. For joining units there is the HTML file attached to this post - this is adjusted by removing maps that will not be used during this operation (to save your members from downloading them).

The training map will be Panovo - this is unlike any terrain we will be using during the operation but serves as a basis for skills and not area familiarisation.

Please ensure that all participating personnel have read the R&Rs here: http://reddevilsarma.org/misc.php?page=r...quirements . People joining from other communities will need to care about sections B, C, and D.

Information
Server Information
TeamSpeak 3: reddevilsarma.org
Game Server: reddevilsarma.org:2302
Game Server Password: Bren

Loadouts
Kits will be scripted and will be available via loadout boxes.

Joining
Upon joining the server everyone will form on parade (details to follow) and a small introductory session will be held for each participating unit to introduce themselves to one another in a formal manner. You will spawn with your correct dress for the parade - do not grab any loadouts. The parade square can be found by leaving your billet and turning left.

Non Red Devils members will need to grab their beret from a box that will be near the parade square. 

Parade
Parade will begin NLT 1905 GMT.

The front of the parade is towards the ensign being flown. All elements, unless explicitly mentioned here, will face direct front during parade. 1 Section will be on the far right, 2 Section to the left of 1 Section, 3 Section to the left of 2 Section. The Coldstream Guards will be the most-left and most-rear element and thus will be behind 3 Section. Platoon HQ personnel will be on the far right of the parade, in-front and perpendicular to 1 Section. Platoon HQ will form into 1 rank and they must not be over the line of the right most file of 1 Section. Medics will form on the opposite side of the parade (left side) and will be in-front and perpendicular to 3 Section. The medics will be in one rank and their line will not be in-front of the leftmost file of 3 Section. The Platoon Sergeant will be at the ensign and will face the rear of the parade. Platoon Commanders will be off of the parade square until start time.

Each Section should form into two ranks where possible. Any gaps in the Section should be in the rear rank and should be one file right of the left-most file. The Bren Gunner should be the right marker and the Section Commander will stand in front of their Section, centrally.

Medical Settings
Advanced medicals. Surgical kits anywhere whilst stable. PAKs at medical vehicles and facilities, PAKs not consumed, whilst stable. Medics will also carry splints - these can be applied to broken limbs to temporarily fix the break - splints can fall off. CPR will have a chance to start someones heart - so please do CPR to an unresponsive person!

Orders
We will move off to RAF Novo to the north of Camp Vera and will conduct training on airborne operations. Red Devils members will demonstrate with Platoon Staff narrating and explaining the drills. The preparation and boarding scenario will be run through a couple of times, ensuring jump masters and any pilots know their role too. Then the drills once inside the aircraft and jumping will be explained - there is no demonstration for this.

We will then transition into an exercise where Red Devils recruits will be being assessed, however, no other people will be formally assessed, but comments may be made afterwards. Specific orders for the mission will be given during the event. The mission will be difficult and confusing, and is meant to highlight any issues with communication or organisation. 

Organisation
No.4 Platoon, Platoon HQ - Baker 4
  • Platoon Commander: 2Lt. B. Horner
  • Platoon Sergeant: Sgt. N. Barden
No.4 Platoon, 1 Section
  • A/Cpl. M. Patterson
No.4 Platoon, 2 Section
  • TBC [50th]
No.4 Platoon, 3 Section
  • TBC [50th]
16th (Parachute) Field Ambulance, 4 Section (not a part of No.4 Platoon, but is attached to the Battalion)
  • Pte. E. Filkins
C Squadron, No.11 Troop (only applicable to the third mission)
  • Acting Troop Commander: Sgt. C. Carrick
  • Acting Troop Sergeant: A/LSgt. B. Horsman
  • Tank Commander: TBC [50th]
  • Tank Commander: TBC [50th]
No.74 Squadron, RAF
  • LCpl. G. Gustas (unofficial role, hence the rank)

Required for Red Devils members only. There is a poll attached to this post, please respond to the poll to indicate your attendance - message your Section Commander with any reasons why you will not be attending. If you believe you may be late for the event, or have any other comments, please reply to this post.

Attached Files
.html   RD_Operation_Fustian_v1.html (Size: 19.28 KB / Downloads: 15)
Maj. B. Horner
Former Company Commander
B Company, 2nd Battalion

November 17th i will be at the cinema meaning that i will be late for the training. The movie is expected to finish at around 19:15 UK time which means i should be able to attend from around 19:30 - 19:40 if im a bit fast.
Bogey
Not Retired.

I have marked myself as a "Yes", though one caveat to that: I am getting a vasectomy on Friday. This likely will not affect my attendance through the weekend however if it does ill try to at least leave a message to Barden, assuming I am not all wiggy on pain meds.

i signed yes but i am on Call Out for work so could leave at any time.