Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

APPLICATION DENIED  Form submission: WO1-D-4 Recruit Application Form

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 01:50 AM by B. Horner.)

A1 - You are aged 16 or over: Yes

A2 - You have a legal and working copy of Arma 3 installed: Yes

A3 - You have means for communication via VOIP: Yes

B1 - What name would you like to be known as in our community?: H. Cornish

B2 - What is your Steam Community URL?: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198085936610/

B3 - Why do you wish to join the Red Devils?: It’s been close to 10 years since I last played Arma. At that time, I was a member of an armored group called Unit 19 which was led by an actual active tank commander from Amsterdam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeiA7Ep_6PY  Shortly after I joined I participated in a 10-week battle that involved 100 players. Each battle spanned a 2-hour period and by the time we finished each segment I was drenched in sweat – it was so realistic! Unfortunately, I had to quit gaming and flight sims when my wife developed breast cancer, so I’m just getting back into sims. (She’s been cancer-free for over 9 years now)

I had built a gaming computer many years ago and I discovered that it was drastically outdated and couldn’t handle the current games that were offered. I spent the last 5 months shopping for bargains and I’m now the proud owner of a new system.

I retired from a 25-year career in law enforcement in 2004 and was the Executive Director of a children’s charitable organization after that. I now spend my time coaching youth basketball and volunteering in my surrounding communities. My free time is very precious to me, and I want to get the biggest bang-for-my-buck when I join a group whether it be as a baseball sim, farming or Arma, etc.  I’ve been looking for a WW2 sim group for quite some time and came across the Red Devils. Despite that fact that you’re UK based; the event times would work for me considering that I reside in Western Canada.

The majority of groups are either Rangers, Marines or Seals, so it was intriguing to find a compatible unit that focused on WW2.

Note: I brought a boys’ basketball team to compete in the World Youth Games held in London in 1998. We played at Crystal Palace and stayed at Kings College. The highlight of my trip was a visit to the Imperial War Museum. I’m hoping to make a return visit with a team in the next year or two.

B4 - What are your goals for yourself in our community?: My first priority is to get up to speed with the game controls so that I wouldn’t be a burden to the rest of the group. I thrived on taking on challenges and learning new skills during my career, so I’m carrying on that state of mind in my gaming pursuits. I like doing something different, so at this moment, I’d like to move up the ranks to become a Medic. After that, who knows? I’m hoping that being a “noobie” won’t be a hindrance.

That being said, I’m open to assisting wherever there is the greatest need. I just want to be a productive member of the community, for as long as possible.

C1 - I (the applicant) confirm that I have read, understand and agree to follow all rules and regulations set out by the Red Devils ArmA 3 Community where they are reasonable and fair: Yes

C2 - I (the applicant) confirm that I have answered all of the above questions correctly to the best of my knowledge: Yes

Dear H. Cornish,

Thank you for applying to join our community.

You have been sent a private message with further information. Please read and reply to this in good time.

Whilst Teamspeak 3 is our preferred and main method of communication we also use Discord - find us here www.reddevilsarma.org/discord .

Regards,

Lt. N. Barden
Platoon Commander
No.4 Platoon, B Company

Lt. Barden,

Just a quick note to advise you that I'd like to reopen my application to the unit. It's been a busy year for me, and our new "normal" due to Covid didn't help, but I'm going to set aside some time to pursue some recreational desires, one of which includes the Red Devils. I just viewed the latest promotion video and felt that I should have been there receiving my beret too, haha.

Thanks for your time,

Harold Cornish

Dear H. Cornish,

Thank you for applying to join our community.

You have been sent a private message with further information. Please read and reply to this in good time.

Whilst Teamspeak 3 is our preferred and main method of communication we also use Discord - find us here www.reddevilsarma.org/discord .
Sgt. M. Standish, BEM
Platoon Sergeant
No. 4 Platoon, B Company

Nothing heard from user again, welcome to reapply when ready.
Capt. T. Barker
Troop Commander
D Troop (Recce)